Thursday, February 5, 2009


GOODBYE!

It’s hard to say goodbye to all of my friends in the Trapper Trails Council! I have absolutely loved my seven years in this council. I will take many, many fond memories with me. I will sincerely miss all of you!
Even though I am leaving to become the Scout Executive of the Great Salt Lake Council I will still be a volunteer here since we are not moving from our home in Mountain Green. I am even going to camp with my home troop at Aspen Ridge this summer. I have been to all of our camps with my local units and have enjoyed every one of them. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful camping properties.
So what happens now with my position? Council President, Dave Rich, has already formed a Scout Executive selection committee made up of officers and board members of the council. Yesterday, they had the profile meeting with Scouters from the Western Region, BSA. In this meeting they determine the strengths and skills they are looking for in a new Scout Executive. The Region then matches possible candidates with these skills and will come back in a few weeks with resumes to review. The selection committee will then pick several qualified candidates and interview them several weeks later. The goal is to have my replacement on board sometime in March.
Good Scouting to everyone and maybe I will bump into you at camp this summer.

Rick Barnes
Scout Executive

0 comments: