Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bilingual Wood Badge




The Trapper Trails Council is currently conducting its 6th Wood Badge course of the year. This course is a special course because it is the first bilingual English/Spanish course the Council has held. Course Director Andy Ramos has pulled together a wonderful staff that is well prepared and has all the necessary equipment to make this course a success.


We appreciate the efforts made to help all of our Spanish speaking volunteers receive the training they need. We hope that our efforts in the community will continue to grow and help instill values in children and adults.
Andy Ramos addressing his course
If you are interested in attending any of our Wood Badge courses please visit the training page on the Council Website trappertrails.org

1 comments:

Matt said...

I was on this course held by Andres Ramos and his staff. It was one of the most incredible experiences that I have ever had. I don't speak Spanish so I was a little nervous about not being able to understand. However I didn't need to worry because it was mostly in English and when it was in Spanish the staff did an excellent job of translating. I am so glad that I went to this course. If I was asked as to which Wood Badge course to go to I would say go the Bilingual one as it was an awesome experience. We had such a diverse group it made the course. We all came away feeling a Brother and Sister hood that you can't imagine unless you have experienced it yourself before. For all those who are wondering if they should go to Wood Badge I urge you to stop asking the question and just go. You will leave a better person, a better Husband, a better Father, a better Brother, a Better worker, a Better Scout Leader. We need all Scout Leaders to go to Wood Badge we need to learn and experience for ourselves the importance of instilling the Scout Oath and Law first into our own lives and then into the lives of the Young Men in our units.
I would just like to say a special thanks to Andres Ramos, Margo Reyna, Kirk Rifleman and my Bear Patrol for making this such an amazing experience. I am a changed man and I look at life different now and in a better way. With the tools and skills I have learned I feel that I can help anyone and accomplish anything I desire to. I love Scouting. Now "Back to Gilwell.........". Osos Poderosos!
Go BEARS! Yours in Scouting. Matt Robbins